Thursday, September 27, 2012

On the Hamster Wheel Chasing My Tail

September 6, 2012

It's still hot and today I hit the treadmill.  I decided to do my run before the kids got home from school today.  That meant I had to run The Mill.  How many times and how many different ways can I say it:  Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring.....today was a struggle for even the mind tricks and I was grasping for them.

There's not much I can say about this run because it was incredibly boring and it was still so hot!  When I got off The Mill to post to the running website my nose was still running and my heart was still pounding and I felt good.

I'm disappointed to say that my husband has backed out of the race on Saturday.  My poor little heart was broken by this news and I hate winning by default but he says that he just can't run it.  He's not been training and he says he knows he can't run three miles.  I find that I am not as excited to run this 5k now that he won't be running.  I hope I find the excitement before the race.  That is, after all, what all this training is about this week.

Since this run was so boring I will keep this short.  Here's the numbers:  Distance was 3.17, time 38 minutes.  My pace was 12:00 and that was steady and regular since I was on The Mill.  I'm satisfied with this run and I feel prepared for Saturday.  I'm still debating whether to run tomorrow or not since Race Day is Saturday.  I guess I will make that decision tomorrow.

Happy Running!

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment