Thursday, November 1, 2012

DOH!!!!

Okay....so today I did a super stupid thing.  While cleaning the bathroom I put bleach in the toilet because it was REALLY nasty.  Then I wasn't think about the consequences and later added toilet bowl cleaner to the bleach.  It created intense fumes and I had to go outside.  Thought I was going to throw up for a while but I didn't.  I didn't feel well all afternoon but when it was time for cheer leading practice I knew I had to get out there and get a run in because I had a race coming up on Saturday.  Did I mention I signed up for another 5k?  Oh, I did.  This time it is for my old grade school in my hometown.  I am super stoked about it so I needed to get some practice in.

So, I laced on my running shoes and headed out.  This run was really hard.  I was having trouble with my breathing due to the toilet bowl incident.  My stomach was still feeling upset and my nose was burning.  I had to walk a lot through this run.  I think it was because of the toilet bowl incident but it might also have something to do with the fact that I've been neglecting my running.  This is not a good thing since I've got that upcoming 5k.  I'm a little worried.

I will keep this one short and sweet since there's nothing really to share about it other than the fact that I was feeling pretty awful.  Mental note:  NEVER mix bleach and toilet bowl cleaner again.  As I type I'm feeling nauseated just thinking about it!  Anyway, here's the details:  I ran 3.23 miles and it took me 35 minutes.  My average pace was 10:44.

I'm not terribly pleased with this run for obvious reasons.  I wasn't feeling good; I've got a race coming up and I like to have a better time.  But all in all I'm glad I got out there despite feeling like poop.

Happy Running!

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment