Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy



Happy, happy, joy, joy!  I have found the place for the new shoes!  It is on the treadmill!  Who would've thought, eh?  WOOT WOOT!!!!  Today I hit the mill and again I played with the speed button.  I started out with the speed at 6.0 MPH which, in retrospect I probably shouldn't have done because after I ran one mile at that speed I was wiped out!  It felt good to be running that fast though.  I want to be able to do that on a regular basis.  My side started hurting and I had to slow down.  I kicked the mill down to 5.6 MPH and ran that for a bit but it was still too fast for me after running @ 6.0 MPH so I slowed down to 5.4, then 5.2.  Unfortunately I was just worn out and I had to finally end up running at 5.0 MPH.  This was a little disappointing for me but then I've always got high expectations for myself.  I really need to get over that.  I need to work on that!

Here are the details:  Boring run today aside from messing with the speed.  I didn't experiment with the incline today, just the default 1.5 incline.  I  ran for 3.16 miles and it took me 35 minutes.  Had to stop quite a bit today.  I wore myself out.  My average pace was 11:04 which again, seems slow.  I really need to work on my speed.  I need to get back to reading my book on how to improve my speed.

Once again, sorry this one isn't more lively.  Treadmill running is boring but I'm happy with my new shoes on the treadmill.  They feel much better on the mill than on the trail.  On another note, there's a 5k in my hometown for the grade school/junior high I attended.  I signed up for it and I'm really excited for it!  It's in a couple of weeks.  Gotta get to training!

Happy Running!

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment