Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So.....Out.....Of.....Shape!!!!

January 15, 2013

It's Tuesday and I've got two sick kids in the living room lying on the couches and feeling yucky.  Fevers, stuffy noses, runny noses, headaches, sore throats, tummy aches - it's all at my house.  I didn't feel like getting on the treadmill today but I decided to get on it and get the job done.  The kids were on the couch watching TV but it was late in the afternoon and they had been on the TV long enough.  I pulled out the treadmill and started her up.

I hadn't been on the treadmill in four days.  On Friday I had other things going.  Saturday and Sunday I had Poppy and there's no running with Poppy here.  Monday I slept late and didn't get anything done.  So here I am, Tuesday forcing myself to get on the treadmill.  Today I put my long sleeve shirt on because it was cold in the living room.  I regretted doing that shortly after I started!  I liked that the long sleeve shirt kept my iPod armband from chafing my arm but it was rather warm after a while.

Today I had to stop after 1/2 a mile.  I was tired and I needed to rest.  I stopped the treadmill and took a drink.  Then I started up again and ran another 1/2 mile.  I was tired again, needed to rest.  Took a drink, then started up again.  I went that way for two miles.  At two miles I quit.  I was tired but the real reason was that my husband bought me a new laptop and it arrived today.  I hooked my old computer up to the new one to transfer all my old data to my new computer before I got on the treadmill.  It was almost done by the time I got on the treadmill and I knew it wouldn't take much longer to finish the transfer.  That's the real reason I stopped; I wanted to play with my new computer.  It's always a lot of work to set up a new computer.  You have to transfer all your old data to the new one.  You have to redownload all the stuff that doesn't transfer.  This computer is running Windows 8 and it's going to take some figuring out.  So I wanted to mess with it.  So I decided that it was well within my realm of excuses to cut my run short and play with my new computer.  :-)

This run was hard.  I'm tired and running through the whole workout.  I want to be able to run without stopping again.  It is frustrating to me to have to stop.  I have been thinking about whether I'm just being a wimp or it's really that I'm tired and I can't go on.  I suspect my husband might say that I am.....he says run until you puke.  I'm not into that, thank you very much but I do understand what he means.  I know I will be back where I want to be but it's going to take time.

Here are the details; there's not many of them:  I ran 2 miles, run at 5.0 MPH, the average pace was 12:00 and took 24 minutes.

Happy Running!

KEA

P.S.  I HATE Windows 8!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment