Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Where's the Disinfectant?

January 15, 2013

Everyone has been sick around here and I'm beginning to think that the same bug is getting passed around and around and around and around!  It all started at Thanksgiving when my son had the stomach flu.  He had that for about two days and we had to keep him upstairs away from everyone else.  I went around the house and scrubbed everything down with disinfectant wipes and thought I'd gotten all the surfaces that all the kids touched.  Things were fine for two or three weeks then my other son got a fever and was home from school for a day then HE threw up (all over my couch, UGH!).  He was sick for about two days with the stomach flu and about four days with the fever.  On the day he went back to school, the last day of school before Christmas break, my daughter came down with the stomach flu.  Since she's a Type 1 Diabetic being sick isn't the same for her as it is with the boys.  We have to call the endocrinologists and worry about things like Ketone levels and her blood sugar went up so we had to monitor that.  It's not as easy as "go to bed and get some rest".  She was sick for about two days and we made it through Christmas without any further illness.  Tuesday of last week I was feeling under the weather - had a bit of lower gastrointestinal issues if you know what I mean - and now my husband's sick.  He's got a fever, wicked cough and a stuffy nose.  He also said he was feeling nauseated earlier in his illness.  He's been sick for about four or five days now and it doesn't look he's getting any better.  Saturday night Son #1 threw up......again and then last night started coughing and feeling stuffy and was up late doing homework.  He's got Asperger's so being up late and feeling yucky is a recipe for a disastrous day of school so I sent him back to bed this morning and called him in to school.  Then this morning at 6:30 my daughter came downstairs saying she has a headache, is stuffy and her tummy hurts.  Joy, looks as thought the stomach flu just might be saying around for a while and even if it isn't, it's buddy the long lingering cold wants to put a run in.  Where's the disinfectant?  I need to clean house!  I'm going to have to fit a run in here somewhere.  I missed yesterday and Friday but right now I'm going back to take a nap and then get on what needs to be done around here to chase this flu away!

Happy Running,

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment