Monday, May 20, 2013

Quick, Fast and In a Hurry

5/18/13

Had to get this run in really quick.  We are moving to another state and there are lots of things to take care of and lots of traveling in between now and when we move.  We just purchased a house where we are moving so there is a lot of back and forth right now.  Today I needed to get a quick run in before I left.  I had to take my husband's son to meet my husband so they could meet my husband's son's mother for the son's summer visit.  Confusing?  Well, yes, sort of.  It would be a lot easier if I said my son but that wouldn't be completely accurate....and I know not much of this is making sense because I've had a bit too much to drink and it's very late.  So....let's just cut to the chase and talk about the run, shall we?

Today's run was pretty good.  I knew I needed to get a run in and I debated the whole time just how long I'd spend on The Mill.  I ended up doing a 1.5 mile run which is what I've stuck to this week with a .5 mile cool down....sort of.  I started out thinking I might actually do a full 2 mile run.  I've got a 5k coming up on June 8th and I'm a bit nervous since I'm so out of shape.  It's getting late in the month and I don't have much time left for training so I really need to kick it up a notch and I'm afraid I won't be able to run a full 5k by the time it comes around.  So while I was debating this on The Mill I was running and gauging just how I felt.  It doesn't look promising, Folks, and I'm very upset with myself.  I should've started this sooner, but it is what it is and I have to accept it for that.  What will be will be and if I have to walk some, so be it.  I can say this with little disappointment tonight because I've had a bottle of wine and I'm feeling rather numb tonight.

So....anyway....I've not talked much about the run itself and I don't think I'm going to.  I'll just give the details and be done.  Today's run was a quick one.  I needed to get a run in before we left town because I felt I needed to work on my training despite everything else that needed to be done to prepare to leave.

I ran 1.5 @ 5 MPH for a pace of 12:00.  Then I did .5 mile @ 3.6 for a pace of 16:40 although at the end I kicked it up to *gulp* 6.0 MPH.....Billy Idol came on the iPod and I don't know about you, but I just can't walk to Billy Idol...besides at that point I was done with the whole workout thing and wanted to be done so I kicked it up way more than a notch.  The whole run took 24 minutes, was uneventful and unremarkable (although I guess by blogging about it I am remarking, LOL!)  I guess I could say more, but I'm typing this two days later (it's 2:34 on Sunday when the run was actually done on Saturday around 11:00 in the morning....) and I've had too much to drink and I really need to be in bed so if you're expecting prose, sorry, no can do tonight.

Having said that, I'm gonna pack it in and head to bed.  Tomorrow starts a new training week and I'm gonna have a bottle wine to run off tomorrow!

Happy Running (and cheers),

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment