Monday, May 13, 2013

Short Sweet and To the Point

5/13/13

Okay....so once again, I know it's been a while....As a matter of fact, I looked on my shoe chart and it's been since March 25th since I've been on the treadmill.  UGH!!!!!  But, I registered for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k and it's on June 15th so I have to get back in shape.  I'm also seriously considering running the Color Blaze 5k on June 8th in my hometown so I really need to get back in shape because that one's less than a month to prepare.  So, let's just cut to the chase, this hurt!  And, I didn't run very long.

I started this run this afternoon with the intention of running a short distance.  I knew it had been a long time since I'd run so I knew it would be difficult.  In order to save myself all kinds of guilt and frustration I intentionally decided to do a short run to start with.  I will be doing this until I get my running legs (and my running lungs) back.  Today's run was 1.5 miles but I was interrupted just as I was starting.  The school called and I had to stop and take my son his inhaler.  No big deal; it's just about five minutes to the school and it gave me a little break.  Cheating?  Yes, of course, but this is day one and I've been off for a while.  Anyway, this run went smooth.  Not much to talk about except that it hurt and it was on The Mill which as you all know, I HATE.

Short run so here's the details:  1.5 miles @ 5 MPH for a pace of 12:00.  It took 18 minutes.  Boring, boring, boring....but necessary.

As I said, I am running the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k.  This year I will be including in each of my blogs the link to donate.  This cause is extremely important to me so I want to raise as much money as possible for this cause.

Happy Running!

KEA

http://www.komenstlouis.org/site/TR/Race/General?px=1542226&pg=personal&fr_id=1150

No comments:

Post a Comment