Saturday, October 20, 2012

Treading the Mill but Feeling Good About It

September 11, 2012

Well, I'm back on the mill again today.  It's hot and I didn't want to hit the road since it was so close to the time school gets out.  Maybe I'm hiding from the hills that kicked my butt at the Popeye Picnic Race but I'll never admit it!  Anyway, I hit the mill today.

Today I decided to mess with speed and pace.  I ran today's workout with 30 minutes at race pace.  I also ran one mile at the fastest I've ever run on the treadmill.  There's not much to say about this run.  The treadmill is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING and so are my blogs when I write about it.

Not many details here today.  I messed a little with incline but what with running faster I had to put it back down to the default setting.  I was more interested in seeing how fast I could run and how long I could keep up a faster pace.

Here are the details:  I ran 3.2 miles.  It took me 35 minutes (I like to end the workout with whole numbers with no seconds).  My average pace was 10:56 but I did run one mile at 5.8 MPH which according to the treadmill is a pace of 10:20!  GO ME!

I'm pretty satisfied with this run.  It was on the treadmill which is not exciting but I felt like I accomplished something and after feeling so crappy about my performance in the Popeye Picnic 5k I needed to feel better about myself.  So I'm happy with this run and there's not much else to say about it so we'll just end it here.

Happy Running,

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment