Monday, July 16, 2012

Back to the Grind

July 8, 2012

Well, it's storming out so I had to hit the treadmill again today.  Once again I have to say that I don't like the treadmill but as it was storming I didn't have a choice.  Today wasn't as bad as yesterday.  Maybe it's because I took it easier or maybe it was because the really hard part is getting up out of your chair and getting your move on.  I found my motivation yesterday and knew I had to keep it going or I would quit again.  One thing I do NOT want to be a is a quitter!

This will be a short post today; sorry, I'm not feeling very witty so it'll be just the facts.  I did this run on the treadmill.  I ran it at 5.0 mph with the incline set at 2.0.  I ran 3.11 miles at a pace of 12.00.  It took me 37 minutes to run it.  I felt really good after this run.  I was sweaty and felt like I accomplished something.

I think we have established that I prefer to run outside.  This is because I feel like running on the treadmill is cheating because when you run on the treadmill, the treadmill does some of your moving for you.  When I am running outside I know that I am the one doing all the work.  I also notice that when I get back outside after being on the treadmill, running outside is a little harder.  Plus our area is hilly.  Running the hills has proven difficult for me and I find myself having to slow down or even walk.  To me this feels like defeat.  I don't take kindly to defeat so I work hard to conquer whatever obstacle is in my way.  Right now, that is hills.  We will work on speed and distance after the hills have been shown who is boss!

So, I'm glad I got a run in but I will be happy when the weather clears up and I can get back outside!

Happy Running!

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment