Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oh, yes, I did!

7/14/12

Today's run was a run purely to relieve frustration.  I started the day with the idea of working on a project that has needed to be completed almost since we moved in to this house.  When we moved into this house the walls were covered in wall paper and I got all of it taken down and all but two rooms painted.  I decided today to start painting the small room upstairs.  We are trying to decide whether to keep it as a guest room or to use it as my youngest daughter's room and us take her room.  It's all up in the air but I need to get the room painted regardless of what we decide to do.  So I decided to do that today.  It was a mess from the start.  I had moved all my painting supplies down to the basement and I couldn't find all my painting tools.  I decided to make due with what I could find but it made the job much harder; everything I had was inadequate.  Also much to my disgust I found one wall still had some wall paper on it so I had to take that down; it was easy to do but then I had to clean it which meant I couldn't paint that wall today.  I finally got so frustrated with the whole job that I gave up and decided to go for a run.

I did the usual run to the courthouse.  I wish I could find a different "course" but for now it has to do since I'm still working on those hills!  I kept the loop around the back of the courthouse and came home running the opposite side of the street.  Oh, bonus, there's a water fountain across the street from the courthouse on the parking lot side.  YAY!!!  Until I can come up with a light and easy way to carry water, I'm depending on those water fountains to keep my hydrated!  I continued on back home on the opposite side of the street, hitting the "park" water fountain when I got there.  I also found that splashing water on myself helps too.  I made it back to the house, came inside, did some stretching, took in some ice cold water and then headed back out again.  This time I only got to the half mile point when I saw my youngest daughter who had gone out with my husband and his son.  They were on bikes and she was on her scooter.  Man, she is fast!  I ran into her and turned around at that point to come back.  This gave me just over another mile.

I had no incidents on this run.  I had to walk just a little bit but overall I'd say this was a great run.  I felt great and I ended up with 3.9 miles to add to the board.  Wow!  3.9 miles!  I almost headed out again to push it up to 4 but I decided not to.  I think I should have.  :-(  Oh, well, there's always tomorrow!  Anyway, here's how it breaks down:  3.9 miles @ a pace of 11:18; it took 44 minutes and I felt great when I was done.  My frustration from earlier in the day just melted away as I pounded it out on the pavement.  I'm completely happy with this run and I'm looking forward to getting out there again....maybe I can hit the four mile mark!

Happy Running!

KEA

No comments:

Post a Comment